Rust Synthesizer (end of 2016, will go into 2017)
I’m attempting to create a simple synthesizer from scratch in Rust. These posts are written assuming some basic systems programming knowledge, but no understanding of realtime programming or audio should be needed. I will not explain all of the details needed to implement your own synth from scratch, but I will litter each post links to additional information.
- Audio programming 101
- Defines digital audio and types of audio applications
- Discusses some of the nuances of digital audio programming
- “Garbage collection” for Rust Arc Pointers
- Discussion about messaging between realtime and non-realtime threads
- Walk through the construction of a “Garbage Collector” for blocks of memory which must be sent between threads.
Study groups simulation (2014)
An simulation exploring how large study groups should be.